Saturday, September 20, 2008

Poked and Prodded

I've spent the last few days getting steroid IV infusions to try to stop the Optic Nerve in my left eye from going bad (one of the side effects of the MS that I try to ignore). The bright part in the hospital is the nice ladies in the Infusion Therapy room. They have to poke and prod people all day long and they still smile at you. At least they wrapped my arm and the tube that they left in my vein (eeewwww!)...with pink tape. I can still be fashionable and smile too. We have been so excited to have company this weekend. 16 people in the house! We sent the teenage boys out to the camp trailer, they love it. Everyone has been so good about making sure I don't have to do anything. Eric washed my hair, Andrea did my hair and makeup. I'm not going anywhere, but it makes me feel better. Our company is helping make the food and with the clean up. What a great family!

5 comments:

CaryMac said...

Yeah, so you are SO POSITIVE! I think that is a lot about what I love about you!

Keep smiling!

Hopie said...

It's so weird that you posted this today. Randy's mom was just diagnosed with the same thing (I can't remember the name) but she's diabetic so she can't get the steroids. I hope you are doing ok. I take it you wont be at church tomorrow. I hope you are. Please call me if you need anything. Even just to go get a coke or something, I'm in!!!

Schimmy said...

We are thinking about you. Take it easy!

Hopie said...

Randy really WOULD make a cake for you. He really enjoys it, and he makes the good frosting!!! Anytime!!! I hope you are doing good. I told your hubby to give you a big kiss for me, did he? If not, you should remind him!!!!

Schimmy said...

Hey Brenda, I finally posted your Tag answers. Check out my blog to see my answers.
P.S. Hope you are feeling better.