Monday, September 15, 2008

Mom to Teenagers

Remember the days of rolling your eyes at your parents? Remember when you believed they knew absolutely NOTHING and that they didn't understand you? It dawned on me today that though I may think I'm pretty hip, fair, understanding and fun while striking a great balance with being the Mom, teacher and disciplinarian...My teens might not think that. After being bummed about that for a few minutes, I made a big decision...SO WHAT! That's my job and one day they will thank me for loving them enough to be the parent that caused the eye rolling. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

6 comments:

Dennison4Ever said...

You Go MOM!!

Hopie said...

I think you're a great mom. I've been around your family a lot and haven't noticed (much) eye rolling!!! Keep it up!!!

Hopie said...

Hope, I tagged you! Play along, and go to my blog for instructions. Have Fun!

Hopie said...

Oops, I meant, Brenda,I tagged you! Play along, and go to my blog for instructions. Have Fun!

Andrea said...

Nice, mom!

Brenda said...

You know I love you, Andrea. We're really not that different. ((((HUG))))