Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We did it!

We actually grew some yummy vegetables in our weed infested Missouri garden!

HUGE yellow squash and zucchini's, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes...

And don't forget the corn on the cob...our family favorite!

The boys had the best time finding things to harvest amongst the weeds.

My cute little farmers - so proud of their veggies.
Now if I can just get 'em to eat them!

I guess it's true what they say here in Missouri,
"Throw a seed out the window and it will grow."
We might turn into green thumbs after all!

5 comments:

chrisg said...

Nothing better then fresh home grown veggies....oh...and can't beat the smiles on them boys faces...

Hopie said...

Cool!!!!!

Schimmy said...

I am so jealous of your garden. I wish we had the space/time to plant one here.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

You did better than ours! never had a green pepper grow here?

and corn! i have planted over 60 rows of corn.....
nada

so way to go!

Curt and Ronda said...

What beautiful vegetables! Our Ivins garden didn't do half so well! Brenda, resend me your email and address. ~Ronda