Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rise and Shine

So, I tell Daniel and Michael (8 and 7) to go downstairs and wake up Tyler (12). It was time to get their schoolwork going and Tyler wasn't moving yet. As they walked down the stairs, they start to whisper to each other...I can see a plan brewing. Quietly, I listen from the kitchen with curiosity, I KNOW they're up to something.

A few moments later...The sound of a rooster crowing, over and over again...comes trailing up the stairs...

Tyler, "You retards!" (We're still working on getting the boys to not call each other names.) I hear the younger boys giggle and scream as they run from their older brother...

Andrea and I were in the kitchen listening to it all unfold, oh my heck, it was so funny! Even as I write this, I'm still giggling about it.

I can say one thing for Daniel and Michael...great creativity! The noisy rooster was a gift from Grandma for a game. How they thought to use it? The minds of little boys amaze me.

As for Tyler...maybe he'll learn to get out of bed before the "rooster" crows.

2 comments:

Hopie said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Peggy Clyde said...

Loved this story. Sounds like something my kids would have done.